Recently, I asked a question of readers of this newsletter & my LinkedIn connections:
“Have you ever received a negative comment on social media?”
The results are in.
Negative comments happen a lot.
And if you’re in the “It’s Not Happened Yet” category it’s probably just a matter of time until it does.
In my own experience, I’ve seen a negative comment land someone in jail for a night (true story!)
And on a separate occasion I saw the removal of an inappropriate comment get the group administrator named in the local newspaper (…this happened to me)!
Luckily there were plans in place before these events unfolded.
The worst time to be formulating a plan to respond to a crisis is in the heat of the moment.
The best time to plan is before anything happens and you have a calm mind!
So to the people who voted in my LinkedIn poll, I offered my Negative Comments Response Template (PDF).
And it’s yours today if you want it.
Finally, if you’re ready to take your social media and digital marketing to the next level, let’s chat.
PS. When you’re ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Download the Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over one million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works — — an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. Order my LinkedIn Profile Makeover Workbook: Give your profile the makeover it deserves and put your best foot forward.
6. Let’s brainstorm how to build a hands-off marketing pipeline. Book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom