Embracing imperfect action, patience, and showing up.
In marketing, waiting for perfection will hold us back.
Instead, celebrate ‘imperfect action’—the decision to start, the courage to ship, and the surrender to how it pans out.
Every imperfect step forward brings us closer to our clients, and our goals and unlocks valuable relationships along the way.
Marketing also requires patience.
Trust the process, allow time for lurkers to come out of the woodwork, and enjoy nurturing long-term relationships.
Showing up means you’re there when people need you, or before they need you.
You’re the leader people want to follow simply because they like you and what you stand for.
You don’t need to be for ‘everyone’.
Nor do you need to plaster yourself all over social media to build visibility, credibility, and trust.
It can be done under the radar – to your small tribe of disciples.
Disciples who aren’t devoted to you (it’s not about you!), but who are devoted to the outcome you can steer them to.
Your job is to hold their hand.
Marketing isn’t just about the end result—it’s about enjoying the journey and the relationships.
Remember that imperfect action, patience, and showing up are stepping stones to results. Small results turn into big results.
Start the journey, celebrate your progress, and you might just surprise yourself.
Just like fishing with my daughter for the first time… We embraced imperfect action, patience, and showing up.
It was fun and we even caught a little fish – which we threw back.
Let me know your thoughts on LinkedIn.
This post originally appeared on the Bluewire Media blog.
PS. When you’re ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works — an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY with the 50+ Script Library. It’s for connecting with new people and nurturing them into high-value clients.6. Let’s brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word “INTERESTED” via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.